"Where ere thou art, Act well thy part"

Thursday, November 10, 2016

October 31, 2016

WOO HOO!!!!

Well, this week has been pretty quick. I don't really know what to write about. The days just kinda flow together. It's pretty fun! Basically we spent the week going finding.

We were dropped by Peter, and that was after he had accepted to live the Word of Wisdom, and also after he accepted a baptismal date of the 19th of November. So that was hard to see him go. But, that has freed up our schedule to find those who are more prepared! So we pretty much spent the week on the streets and knocking on doors.

As I was walking down the street, I had a thought pop into my head. It went a little something like this: "What am I doing?? Why am I here? These people don't care. These people don't even want to think about knowing." At first I was like, "Where did that come from??" Right at that moment I knew exactly why I was there. A thought came from me from way back to last October. While we were being instructed by Elder Lorimer in a District Meeting, he told us this, he said, "The day will come when you just sit there and think, What am I doing? Why am I here? And when that day comes, I want you to think and know that the reason you are there is this, YOU ARE HERE BECAUSE IT IS TRUE. YOU ARE DOING THIS BECAUSE IT IS TRUE."

I thought about this. This hit me hard. Why do I stand on the streets and talk to so many people a day? Why do I knock on your door at 8:30 at night? Why do I persist in getting your information so we can meet up and share our message with you? The answer is this: Because it's true. That is why. It's true. I know it, and I know you can know it too.

I really enjoyed Elder Ballard's talk this past general conference. “If you leave, (or if you don't accept it) Where will you go?” This is powerful counsel from a member of the Twelve Apostles. I hope all of us can ponder on that. Where can we go to find the peace and happiness that the Gospel brings?? Only the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints offers this peace, and you know what? It's true.

I love you all! 
Sorry for the small update. Dumbarton is a small town, not much goes on. It's been quite the average transfer!
I found GOOBER PEANUT BUTTER!!!
--
Till the Work is Done
- Elder Mickelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment