"Where ere thou art, Act well thy part"

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

January 23, 2017


So this week was really good! We had some good times! Basically the highlight of this week was that a family agreed to start investigating the church! They have been living with a member and the member had been sharing things about the church for a while, and we had met them a few times and shared spiritual thoughts with them. Then we invited them to take the discussions and they agreed! And they also came to church this weekend! So that was really great! They really enjoyed gospel principles class, and we are going to see them this week. So that is definitely a blessing from Heavenly Father.

I have got a bit of an off the normal topic spiritual nugget for all of you. Last night, we watched the film, "The Mountain of the Lord". It tells about the construction of the Salt Lake Temple and all the events that went along with that. It was a really good movie! I mean, I have seen it about 6 times now, but this time a new bit stuck out to me. Towards the end, President Woodruff was talking to the reporter and telling him about the Temple, and more specifically, the work for the dead. While I was watching this, I felt the Spirit really strongly tell me that the dead are excited for this work, and that they rejoice when the living act as "saviors" if you will, to them. Without us, they cannot be made perfect, and without them, we cannot be made perfect.

I ask that we never take the Temple for granted. Being in a place where the Temple is not readily available has opened my eyes to that. If you go to the Temple here, you have to make about a week of it. It is quite a journey, and you don't get to go that often. Then there is me, who lives about 25 minutes from a Temple in just about every direction. I could go before school and not miss my first class, I could go in the evening, and still have time for all the things I would need to do.

I highly recommend the film to everybody who wants a renewed sense of the grand importance of temple work. For it is the greatest work that this dispensation will undertake.
Love you all! 

--
Till the Work is Done

- Elder Mickelsen
Delicious Meal after talking to people all day in the cold!

Yum!!!


Sister Browning, Our missionary mom


No comments:

Post a Comment