"Where ere thou art, Act well thy part"

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

January 9, 2017



Beautiful Dumbarton Sunsets

So this week was pretty good! We had a chance to rest on Monday and Tuesday, and then it was back to the grind on Wednesday! It was actually quite nice to get back to the regular schedule of things.

So on Wednesday we had a dinner appointment at the Gallachers, and then we went on splits for the evening. I was with Brother Gallacher and the people we tried to visit weren't in, so we ended up with about 15 minutes of free time. He said he had something he needed to grab from his house and so we headed over there quickly. While I was waiting in for him to come down from upstairs, he comes down and says, "Elder, are you good with birds?" My response was thus, "Sure." And he then informed me that a bird had gotten into his loft and he had no idea how to get it out.

So he gives me a towel and sends me up there to capture and then release it. So I get up there and open the windows, and then I start being all stealthy and strategic trying to catch this bird. So after a few minutes of me trying to use the towel as a net, I decide that I am just gonna try and shoo the bird out the window. And that was that. In the next 30 seconds, the bird was out, the windows were closed, and peace was restored to the Gallacher home. So that was my fun experience from this week.

Other than that, we had some good appointments with people, mostly members. So it was good. I also started to read the Old Testament this week and I just finished Genesis this morning. It's a good read. I'll vouch for it! We are still trying to find some people to teach, and this area has definitely taught me some good lessons about being diligent. It has been good here, in that respect! Well, that is about all! Love you all!

--
Till the Work is Done

- Elder Mickelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment