"Where ere thou art, Act well thy part"

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

August 31, 2015


Hello from Lisburn! Where the laborers are few and the field is white! I have been doing really well this week and have done many things that I thought I could never have done! So I guess I'll just start from the beginning!

This past Wednesday, we knocked into a less active named Alice.  She had totally disappeared from the church and she was under the impression that she had been ex-communicated.  We told her she hadn't been and we have been able to teach her and she is progressing.  I think we'll have her back in no time.  Also this week, we had the opportunity to teach a man named Andile and his family.  They are from South Africa and he is a PHD Candidate.  He is very hard to teach because he doesn't believe in blind faith but he is committed to read the Book of Mormon and he will get there, I believe.  

The rest of the week we have been chapping and it has brought basically zero success.  But we continue to work hard hoping that the Lord will provide.  We also ran into a man last night who talked to us for a while.  He wasn't a member, but he said that we were doing the right thing and that God was with us.  He said to keep our heads high.  He said that all the devil wants us to do is get discouraged, but that we needed to keep on going along.  He said that God would be with us all the days of our lives.  It was just the pep talk I needed.  I had been having a really hard weekend and broke down on Saturday when I couldn't remember any of the first discussion while role playing.  I had Elder Blossil give me a blessing and that helped tremendously!! Anyway, that's what's been happening!!

-Elder Mickelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment