"Where ere thou art, Act well thy part"

Friday, June 9, 2017

JUNE 5, 2017

What a week! Absolutely flew by! If I am completely honest with you, I don't really remember a thing other than the sunshine and talking to people. It seems as if I leave the Library on Monday afternoon, and the very next day I am writing an update from the next week - Just a complete and total blur. Mind boggling.

But I do know this week was good!!! The sun was out and everyone was super nice and friendly! We spent most of our time just street contacting, and it was fun. Taught a few recent convert lessons, and we are just enjoying this time of year in general. The town centre was a bit congested this week since the General Elections are coming up, so all the politicians were talking to people in the street as well, so that was weird. Stranraer is not big enough to have that many people trying to stop people in the streets.

Lemme paint a picture for you, It is a beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky. My freshly applied sunscreen shines brightly in the sun. It's warm. We are making our way to our usual spot in Castle Green. When we arrive, we discover that we have indeed been beaten to our place. A quick scan revealed that not only 1, but 2 political parties were out today in full force. "We can't compete with balloons." I think to myself. Continue scanning. The museum staff are out talking people into visiting the castle that sits in the town centre. "Well that is just peachy." Another look reveals that the market is being set up where people can buy dog treats and assorted shrubs. "They take up too much space." And finally I come to the last party of people stoppers in town. The Jehovah's Witnesses. "And that's great too!" So we decided to go to the park. And it was empty. So we bucked up, pulled out the Book of Mormon and started going to town in the town centre as well.

It ended up being a really good day! This past week I had a really good experience fasting as well. Just a super powerful fast. I have always felt "good" while fasting, but this week I wanted answers. Not just good feelings. I needed to feel something different. And as I prayed and tried to pay full attention to the Spirit, I received them. Clear, definite answers. So that is what the Spiritual thought is this week. Fasting has some serious power behind it. We just have to be willing to access it. It's not enough to simply pray and not eat. We need to ask in faith, believing that we can receive answers and we need to actively pay attention to the working of the Spirit in our lives during the fast. For in this we find results. In this we find truth.
Love you all!!!

-Till the work is done

-Elder Mickelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment