"Where ere thou art, Act well thy part"

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

June 26, 2017




Well, I bet you can guess how I am gonna start this letter! Yep! This week was the fastest week ever! We started off by emailing on Monday morning. And then immediately after that, we headed off to Kilmarnock to have a P-Day up there, which was pretty fun.

We stayed the night up there and then on Tuesday, we had a Scotland South Conference in Edinburgh. Which was a weird experience for me since it is my last Zone Conference. That being said, I had the opportunity to give a testimony along with all the other missionaries going home with me from these 3 zones. It was a really crazy feeling.

I feel like I just arrived. I can remember some of the departing testimonies that were given when I first came in and then all of a sudden I was standing up there giving mine! It was surreal!

Then after that they sent all us ancient missionaries to another room to have a self-reliance lesson from one of the senior couples. That was pretty good. We finally rejoined everybody after lunch and had some Zone instruction. I missed a little bit of that as well because President was doing some interviews and Elder Rodriguez and I were first on the list since we are the farthest away from Edinburgh. So that was really cool too!

It was an absolutely beautiful day as well! Couldn't ask for a better day! After the conference, we all headed back to the train and went back to Kilmarnock. We stayed another day for exchanges, and then we finally headed home! All in all, we left around lunch time on Monday, and got back home for lunch on Thursday! What a week!

We hit the ground running on Thursday and got right to street contacting. We had a few recent convert lessons here and there and then next thing I knew, I was headed to church again on Sunday! It was a really good week I feel! I learned a ton of things!

One thing I want to share is a scripture that I found a long time ago. It is 2 Corinthians 6:3-10
3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

This scripture has some serious power! I hope we can all recognize more fully the Hand of the Lord in our lives! Love you all!!

-Till the Work is Done

-Elder Mickelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment