"Where ere thou art, Act well thy part"

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

June 19, 2017



Well everybody! The time has come for another weekly update, which I personally find to be ridiculous. But anyway! This week was good. We had a really good district meeting AT A CASTLE! It was awesome! They wanted us to go somewhere to find peace and quiet and seek revelation. The request was on a "mountain" of sorts. So we found a hill, with a castle, hiked out to it as a District and then we talked and prayed and pondered and just had a good time. It was a really good meeting!

After that, we went on exchange, so Elder Rodriguez and I headed to Kilmarnock. That was a good time. Exchanges are always good! Get to see other missionaries, and then it's nice to see that the world still exists outside of little old Stranraer! So that was awesome! Had some good experiences teaching and finding. And it was refreshing really.

But then we headed back to Stranraer the following day, and the weather really picked up, so it was awesome to be down here! Just really sunny and nice and warm and everything! I did catch a cold later in the week, so that was kind of irritating talking to people. Here is a sample,

Me (to a member): Hello! How are you today?
Member: You're voice sounds different!
Me: Ya, I've got a bit of a cold
Member: I can tell. Must be awful having a cold this time of year!
Me: Oh ya! It isn’t the best
Member: Well have a good one!
Me:...

So I basically had this conversation more times than I want to talk about. Not all the time with members. But you would be surprised how often we run into members in the town centre. ALL THE TIME. It's a daily thing. I mean, we only have 15, but the town is where EVERYTHING is, so that is where they are!

This week, I started being obsessed with the Hymn, "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" I have always loved this hymn, and there are some really good arrangements of it. I have 1 or 2. I was listening to them, and this line stuck to me, "Chasten my soul till I shall be in perfect harmony with thee"  I love this line. We have to ask the Lord to chasten us. He can't do much with us until we let Him, and once we let Him, He will bring us into perfect harmony with our Father in Heaven and Himself. This is the ultimate goal. To continually be repenting and changing and becoming better until we emulate the Savior's presence. We have to let him in, and invite Him to dwell with us. Then, and only then, can we say, "Make me more worthy of Thy love. And fit me for the life above"

Love you all!!

-Till the Work is Done

-Elder Mickelsen

1 comment:

  1. O how would it be to just go see a castle!!! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete