"Where ere thou art, Act well thy part"

Monday, September 19, 2016

September 20, 2016

Wearing my birthday tie my mom sent:)


Sweet Sister Dunn made this awesome cake!

This week was great!
I don't really want to type out a big long play-by-play this week, mostly because it was basically the same thing every day. But we did teach our investigators and really get down to the nitty gritty of conversion. We are working to resolve James' concerns, and as well as working with Isobel to continue strengthening her testimony so she will be ready to be baptized!

So that was the awesome parts of this week! We had a few run-in's with some really ‘anti’ people on the street and it was quite annoying. It was stupid really. But people will be people. The work will continue! The week ended with my birthday, (thanks to everybody who wished me a happy birthday!) So this week was really good! But I would like to share something from my study this week!

It is from Alma 34:8-17
8 And now, behold, I will testify unto you of myself that these things are true.  Behold, I say unto you, that I do know that Christ shall come among the children of men, to take upon him the transgressions of his people, and that he shall atone for the sins of the world; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

17 Therefore may God grant unto you, my brethren, that ye may begin to exercise your faith unto repentance, that ye begin to call upon his holy name, that he would have mercy upon you;

These verses really describe to us the necessity of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Through no other person or name can we get to the Celestial Kingdom of God and live for eternity with our families. It is the most important event to transpire in the history of ever. For the inhabitants of the universe, the Atonement stands as the "Great and Last Sacrifice" and Christ stands with open arms to receive all those that repent and come unto Him.

In Him we will find Light, Life, and Truth. In Him we will find Salvation and Exaltation. In Him we shall inherit all that the Father has and have Eternal Life and Happiness.

I love you all! I thank you for your support! I love my mission and I love the Lord! Sorry for the lacking content of the letter! I will do better next week! Talk to you all soon!!!
Painting Sister Dunn's shed

Elder Cropper working' hard!


Out in the Town Centre preaching the Word!

-Til the Work is Done

-Elder Mickelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment